Compusharp has extensive experience in the development of Protective relay settings for all Electrical equipment in Bulk Electric Power System (BEPS), with voltage ranging up to 500kV. Our experience includes work with Electromechanical, static and microprocessor relay from different manufacturers. Some of the key experiences are:
Modeling the Bulk Electric Power System in ASPEN and CAPE
Evaluating the existing protection system and identifying the required relay upgrades in the system
Performing fault studies and coordination studies in developing relay schemes best suiting to the system
Relay Mis-Operation analysis
Experience in developing the relay settings for
- Line Protection – Distance or Differential protection, DCB or DCUB scheme, via Fiber or PLC, understanding of applicable NERC/FERC regulatory requirements
- Transformer Differential Protection
- Bus Protection
- Breaker Control – Breaker Failure, Sync and Reclosing
- Capacitor Protection
Projects involving compliance works like PRC-001, PRC-005, PRC -023, FAC-009, etc.
Database Cleansing and re-synchronization. CompuSharp Profile - RTU and SCADA
CompuSharp has Engineers with experience in working in managing hardware and software configuration of several types of substation automation devices including GE RTU’s D20, D200, D25, D400 substation gateway or data manager and SEL and ORION communication processors.
The experience includes:
Configuration of Orion communication processor involving configuration of ports, addition of all the relay data points and logic operations in Orion. The logic operations on any input and output point and the configuration in the Orion is done using NovaTech Communication Director.
The RTU configuration involves:
- Updating RTU database with I/O peripherals and relay data points.
- Setting new communication channel for the communication processor which collects data from the relays.
- Different protocol configuration for data collection application and data processing applications in RTU like DNP3, Modbus, S9000, 8979.
Configuration of data in D400S is categorized in to Analogs, Status, SOE, counters, Digital outputs, analog outputs, and alarms.
CompuSharp's greatest strength is its technical depth and experience in the field of design, implementation, project management, and servicing of SCADA and EMS systems. In particular, our engineering staff has extensive experience in analysis, development, customization and implementation of EMS applications. Some of the recent contributions of CompuSharp personnel are:
- Relational DB customization and maintenance
- Communication protocol customization for ICCP, RTUs, LAN and WAN
- TCP/IP Interface for DNP protocol for RTU communication
- Customizing Control features for Circuit breakers, Transformer Taps
- Real-time dispatch, AGC control, and real and reactive power reserve monitoring
- Closed loop security dispatch and control
- Multi-area dispatch and control
- Testing and tuning of on-line units
- Interchange schedule customization for single and multi-areas
- Database creation and multi-area customization of load forecasting
- Customization, implementation, and tuning of scheduling functions including unit commitment, hydro scheduling, and hydro-thermal coordination
- Development and implementation of Water Inflow forecasting and monitoring
- Power network modeling (e.g. HVDC), DB parameter tuning, customization and implementation of net work analysis functions - Topology processor, State Estimator, Parameter Estimation,
- Load Flow, Sensitivity Analysis, Contingency Analysis, Unbalanced Fault Analysis, Voltage Collapse, and Optimal Power Flow including security constrained dispatch, Voltage/ VAR
- scheduling, remedial and preventative functions
- DTS customization (e.g. HVDC and Hydro simulation) and tuning
- Common Information Model (CIM) implementation to import and export data between different subsystems of an EMS as well as between different control systems
- Consulting services in meter placement and modeling neighboring utilities' network for on-line applications
- Custom integration of third party software